Thursday, October 30, 2014

Losing Weight the Easy Way

I am a living example of how easy it is to lose weight. I had high cholesterol, high blood pressure, back problems and arthritis in my right knee. I am 5'9" tall and was tipping the scales at 310lbs. It was time to get serious about losing some weight!
I had tried different diets in the past...Atkins, South Beach, "Lose up to 15 lbs in 3 Days" screaming headlines from magazine cover diets. My Mother put me on my first diet when I was 12! But I never stuck with a diet long enough for a real lifestyle change. That was the problem.
I know all about drinking eight 8oz. glasses of water every day. I know all about the green leafy vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean meats a Healthy Person are supposed to eat. My problem is I don't like water, I think lettuce is a matrix for getting ranch or bleu cheese dressing from the plate to your mouth without using a spoon; and I like to cook my veggies in butter, salt and pepper. Oh, Boy, what am I gonna do?!
Well, I'll tell you what I did, because I made a few simple changes that you can make and then in 9 months you can lose the same 65 pounds and counting that I have lost.
There are some basic facts to examine before beginning any diet and exercise program. During the era [100,000 B.C. - 8,000 B.C.] of Hunter - Gatherer groups, the humans who survived were not only the best hunters, but also the most efficient fat storing machines. Their bodies developed the ability to store fat as a way to cope with the periods when game was sparse and the edible roots, berries and grains were in short supply as well. The skinny ones in the group died. The humans with some meat on their bones survived to pass their genetics on to the next generation.
In the 21st century in America we are blessed with a stable food supply. Access to as much food as you want, combined with a sedentary lifestyle results in weight gain. If left unchecked, this weight gain can lead to obesity, as it did in my case. Obesity is defined as being at least 100 pounds overweight and/or having a BMI of 30 or more.

1 comment:

  1. Primus Super Specialty Hospital has been a home away from home in so far as health management is concerned. All the departments are taking special care of each individual to provide the best care. Stay at Primus Hospital has been a wonderful experience in-spite of physical and mental agony the patients has undergone before the surgery. Primus Super Specialty Hospital has been a home away from home in so far as health management is concerned. All the departments are taking special care of each individual to provide the best care. Stay at Primus Hospital has been a wonderful experience in-spite of physical and mental agony the patients has undergone before the surgery.

    http://www.primushospital.com/index1.html
    http://www.primushospital.com/primus-reconstructive-surgery.html

    ReplyDelete